Terms & Conditions
This document and the information contained therein is the intellectual property of The Karri Clinic Ltd.
This document contains information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. It must not be used by, or its contents reproduced or otherwise copied or disclosed without explicit written consent of The Karri Clinic.
Category: General Administration
Author and Role: Suzanne Reynolds, Director
Responsible Person: Vasu Karri, Medical Director
Document Reference: TKCTC092022
Current Version Number: 5
Document Approved By: Suzanne Reynolds, Director
Date Approved: Sept 2022
These Terms and Conditions apply to the supply of services by The Karri Clinic Limited, Company Registration 08472103, of Suite 2A Albion Mills, Albion Lane, Willerby, HU10 6DN.
In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and the contents of other documentation provided by The Karri Clinic to the Patient, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- In these terms and conditions, the following words and expressions shall have the meanings respectively set against them.”Balance” – An amount of the Consultation fee or Package price that remains unpaid after the Patient has paid the initial non-refundable Booking fee.”Balance due date” – The date by which any outstanding Balance of the Package price must be paid. This date is determined once the date for the Procedure has been agreed between The Karri Clinic and the Patient.”Booking fee” – A non-refundable payment made by the Patient to The Karri Clinic to reserve a date for the Consultation or date for the Procedure.”Complaints policy” – The Karri Clinic Complaints Policy.”Consent form” – The consent form signed by the Patient signifying his/her consent to a Procedure.”Consultation” – A discussion with the Surgeon about a Procedure(s) being considered, that may be conducted face-to-face, via telephone or virtually.”Consultation fee” – Fee for consultation with the Surgeon.”Healthcare professional” – A Surgeon, Nurse, Healthcare Assistant or Allied Health Professional, as the case may be.
“Procedure fee” – Fee for the Procedure.
“Nurse” – A Nurse registered to practice, in the United Kingdom by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
Package Price – the fee for the Procedure that includes Surgeon’s fee, anaesthetic fee and clinic fee.
“Patient” – Any person age 18 or over that is considering undergoing a Procedure at The Karri Clinic.
‘”Procedure’” – Surgery or non-surgical treatment performed by a Surgeon at The Karri Clinic
“Procedure information” –Information relating to the Procedure provided to the Patient by The Karri Clinic.
“Revision Policy” – The Karri Clinic Revision Policy.
“Surgeon” – A medical practitioner registered to practice in the United Kingdom by the General Medical Council (GMC).
When we use the words “we“, “our” or “us” in these Terms & Conditions we mean an employee acting on behalf of The Karri Clinic Ltd.
When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these Terms, this will include e-mail unless we say otherwise.
The Karri Clinic’s Obligations
The Karri Clinic shall;
- Ensure the Procedure is carried out by an appropriately qualified and registered Surgeon.
- Ensure the Surgeon has medical indemnity insurance against claims for professional negligence on terms that The Karri Clinic reasonably considers are normal, given prevailing market conditions at the relevant time.
- Ensure the Healthcare Professional holds the necessary qualifications and registrations required for him/her to practice.
- Provide suitable facilities for the undertaking of the Procedure.
- Provide the Patient with information so that the Patient may reasonably understand the nature of the Procedure and to decide whether or not to proceed with the Procedure.
- Not accept any responsibility or liability for matters within the scope of the professional and/or legal responsibility of the Surgeon.
- Not bear any vicarious liability for any of the Surgeons. All Surgeons are independent contractors in private practice and are not employees of The Karri Clinic.
The Patient’s Obligations
The Patient shall;
- Treat all our Healthcare Professionals and administration staff and with dignity and respect.
- Read and understand any information they are given by The Karri Clinic.
- Comply with all pre- and post-operative instructions provided by the Healthcare Professional and/or The Karri Clinic.
- Complete all forms sent to them by The Karri Clinic in advance of their Procedure.
- Pay any outstanding balance in advance of their Procedure.3.6 Be responsible for asking any questions they may have about the Procedure, so they have a full understanding of the Procedure and can give informed consent.
- Adhere to The Karri Clinic Complaints Policy
- Adhere to The Karri Clinic Revision Policy
- Not post false, misleading or defamatory posts on social media or on private forums, including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest or Telegram.
- Not publicly share any documentation or emails from The Karri Clinic without explicit written consent from The Karri Clinic.
The Surgeon’s obligations
The Surgeon shall;
- Ensure the Patient receives information regarding;
• The Procedure
• Alternative treatments
• The expected outcome
• Limitations of the Procedure
• Risks and complications associated with the Procedure
- Decide if the Patient is medically and psychologically suitable for the Procedure.
- Undertake the Procedure and be responsible for the after-care of the Patient, including any revision surgery in accordance with the Revision Policy of The Karri Clinic.
CONSULTATION and CONSULTATION FEE
- All Patients are required to have a Consultation with the Surgeon prior to their Procedure. Consultations will be done face-to-face but can be done virtually for selected Patients and Procedures.
- Patients that wish to book a Consultation with the Surgeon are required to pay a non-refundable Consultation fee of £250 to reserve a date and time. This payment will be taken at the time of booking the Consultation.
- The Consultation fee is payable regardless of the outcome of the Consultation, including if the Surgeon declines the Procedure for medical or psychological reasons.
Late arrival for the consultation
- Patients must inform The Karri Clinic by telephone (01482 976980) as soon as possible if they are running late for the consultation so that arrangements can be made to ensure they are still seen by the Surgeon during the clinic.
Every effort will be made to accommodate late Patients but there are no guarantees this can be done.
- If a Patient is late for a Consultation and they cannot be seen by the Surgeon in the same day, a Rescheduling fee of £100 will be payable to rebook the Consultation for a later date. This Rescheduling fee may be waived at the discretion of the clinic.
- The Karri Clinic will not be responsible for transport or accommodation costs that may be incurred by the Patient as a consequence of their late arrival.
Cancellation or rescheduling of the consultation
- Patients must inform The Karri Clinic as soon as possible if they are unable to attend their Consultation for whatever reason. This can be done either by telephone – 01482 976980 or email – email@example.com.
- The Patient will not be eligible for refund of the Consultation fee in the event they cancel their Consultation.
- Rescheduling of the Consultation is permissible, on a one-off basis, provided The Karri Clinic has been informed (see 5.7) by the Patient at least 72 hours before the Consultation. Patients will be offered an alternative Consultation date within 6 months. If the Patient cannot agree to any date within the next 6 months, no further date will be offered.
- A Rescheduling fee of £100 will be payable by the Patient, if they request rescheduling of their consultation within 72 hours of their Consultation. This Rescheduling fee may be waived at the discretion of the clinic.
Failure to attend
- All patients attending for Consultation are given a 1 hour grace (beyond the end of their Consultation slot). If a patient attends for a Consultation after the grace period, they will be considered to have missed their Consultation.
- If the Patient wishes to arrange another Consultation, a Reschedulingg fee of £100 will be payable. This Rescheduling fee may be waived at the discretion of the clinic.
- The Karri Clinic reserves the right to decline a patient for Consultation if they have previously rescheduled, cancelled or missed their Consultation.
- The Patient will be responsible for any transportation or accommodation expenses that result from missing a consultation, and the Karri Clinic will not be held responsible.
See & Treat Procedures
- For selected skin lesions, the Consultation and Procedure may be undertaken at the same time. This is known as ‘See & Treat’ and examples include, but are not limited to, removal of cysts, skin tags and warts.
- The Package Price for See & Treat cases includes the Consultation fee, Surgeon Fee and Clinic fee.
- Patients will be required to send photographs of their skin lesion to The Karri Clinic, that will be reviewed by the Surgeon to determine if their Procedure can be offered on a See & Treat basis.
PAYMENT FOR THE PROCEDURE
- If a Patient wishes to reserve a date for their Procedure, a non-refundable Booking fee of £1000 is payable.
- The Balance for the Procedure is then payable 4 weeks before the date for the Procedure.
- If a Patient wishes to reserve a date for the Procedure that is within the subsequent 4 weeks, the entire Package price is payable.
What is included and excluded in the Package price
- Unless stated otherwise, the Package Price includes:
• Surgeon fee
• Anaesthetist fee
• The Karri Clinic fee (includes operating theatre cost, nursing cost, medication cost, dressings cost, pathology cost).
• Pre-op assessment
• Any standard prosthesis typically used for the Procedure.
• Up to 6 months post-operative care when clinically required by your Surgeon, provided it takes place at The Karri Clinic, including (one follow-up appointment with your Surgeon, removal of sutures, change of dressings and treatment of complications as explained in Section 8.
- Unless stated otherwise, the Package Price does not include:
• The Consultation fee.
• Diagnostic tests or services requested by the Surgeon that are necessary for the Procedure. The cost for these diagnostic tests or services will invoiced separately by The Karri Clinic.
• Any care or treatment provided at a facility other than The Karri Clinic.
• Any long-term care, treatment, or care that is not related to the Procedure.
• Take-home drugs advised or prescribed by the Surgeon.
• Any costs or fees not specified in the Package Price. These will be charged separately and Patients will be responsible for payment of those charges.
• Any medical treatment not related or connected with the care and treatment identified at the Consultation, which requires a separate pathway of care, or is not clinically required, whether or not carried out at The Karri Clinic.
COMPLICATION & REVISION SURGERY
The Package price covers the cost of treating any surgical complication directly relating to the Procedure for 6 months, providing the post-operative care and complication is treated at The Karri Clinic and;
- The Patient has followed the advice of their Surgeon responsible for their care at The Karri Clinic. The decision as to whether a complication is related to the Procedure rests with the Surgeon.
- The Karri Clinic reserves the right to charge a surgeon fee, clinic fee and anaesthetist fee to cover the cost of treating any surgical complication.
- The Karri Clinic may offer revision surgery for Patients that have undergone cosmetic surgery, in accordance with the Revision Policy. The Karri Clinic reserves the right to charge a surgeon fee, hospital fee and anaesthetist fee for such revision surgery.